Skip to main content

24/7 Dust.

I've been really horrible at showing you my student work over the course of the year. I probably have 500 images on my phone and just haven't got around to posting them. They've made some very creative pieces that make my heart smile and gives me comfort knowing that I picked the right career.
Please excuse my bomb shell of a classroom. I realize now it probably wasn't the best day to take pictures but then again, there isn't ever a best day in Ceramics. It's 24/7 dust. It used to bother me and I'd clean the room every day, but I've come to accept it. Its what I signed up for.
We've just finished our slab box project. This is work from a Ceramics 3 student who loves the Starry Night, and of course I love him for loving the Starry Night. We talked about the shape of the box and how he could incorporate the painting into the shape. He decided he would make his box in the shape of the moon and his handle in the the shape of one of the swirly clouds. He just finished glazing it so I took some pictures. I never know what will happen in the kiln so I try and take pictures of their work during all stages of construction. He's such a quiet, diligent worker and I'm always so pleased with his effort.

K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with a new smile!

So I'm finally finished with my clear aligners journey. One year later and I have a completely different smile and I still can't get over how much my teeth have changed. I'm so thankful for Dr. Morgan and all of his excellent staff that helped me through the entire process. It was SUCH a fun day at the office getting my last tray done and the buttons removed. Its pretty exciting when the whole office is invested in your journey and just as excited as you are to see the finished product. Check out an awesome video of my transformation at the bottom of this post! Here's my pre-aligner smile. I didn't think I had a particularly bad smile before my aligners, now I'm amazed at how bad they were. Here's how they look now!! Here's a really great video of my smile transformation. Thank you Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry for doing such a fantastic job on my smile. 😁    

The Paint'n Place.

During my recent trip to Bowling Green, KY I was fortunate enough to stop in on The Paint'n Place.  (<<check out their website) During my three years at WKU I spent almost all three working at this lovely pottery painting studio. It's one of a kind in BG and the staff here really became family to me when mine were so far away. It's such a cute happy studio with so many amazing pieces to paint. I was honored to see a lot of my samples still up on the shelves, and it brought back many fond memories. They do birthday parties, ladies nights, canvas painting parties, custom painted pieces, and new glass fusion! It's all seriously cool. My favorite thing about The Paint'n Place is the fact that everything you paint is so personal to you and makes something like a mug or a plate so special and unique. Of course I couldn't go in and not paint something, but I can't show you since its a gift for a special bride to be. Mrs. Linda Henry has put so muc

Deep Diamond Tufting.

I'm not sure why I wanted to make a tufted headboard. Maybe I saw one in a film or something but before too long I was combing through every tutorial or YouTube video I could find about it. That was a year ago. So this weekend I put my big girl panties on and summoned the courage to finally build my headboard. My favorite tutorials found  here , and here . Mine certainly won't be as good as theirs so I'll keep it brief. I think my total for all materials came to around $85 but then again my math is horrible so...  Make sure you take advantage of JoAnn's incredible sales. I think I saved $60 dollars when I went. I scored on my fabric too, only $9 a yard.  The most annoying part of this process, as all blogs stated, was the buttons. And I'd have to agree with them. They were so small. The fabric was so thick. The little tool that pushes the button together sucks so... with Mummy's help, my solution was pliers. Just use pliers. It will save your finger