Skip to main content

Little Bit Of Everything


[Heads up: This post is long. I thought I'd cram about two weeks into one post.]
Dry wall went up in the bathroom against our closet wall. We then had to do something with the bathroom arrangement. Because of where the big window was on the exterior wall, it made it really difficult to fit any normal sized bathroom fixtures in the space. I really wanted the natural light, but in the end, it was gonna make everything else really awkward and we would have to spend more money moving the plumbing. So we took out the window. Looking back on it, I think we made a really good decision because we saved a ton of money.
Cody, Casey's brother, came over to help with drywall and taught me how to use Mud to fill the spaces and cover up the screws. I did most of the bathroom wall. By far my favorite job on the house! To me it felt like clay, which is probably why I loved it so much.

On a side note: you can see from these first few pictures, the beautiful original glass door knobs. *Swoon*


Here's the other side of the bathroom and the patched exterior wall that Casey and Cody worked on. More green wood that I'm assuming came from the old school house days. We took out the miniature tub and shelves attached to the end of the tub. We decided the toilet was in a weird place so we chose to rotate it against the guest bedroom wall. It was a relatively simple fix for the plumber since all the pipes would still remain in the same spot. We kept the shower and sink plumbing on the same wall, again, saving us money.


Our master closet is coming along. All the drywall is up and mud is happening. They used the space really well and built a little shelf at the very top instead of making the other closet floor to ceiling. Although its still pretty tight, its such an improvement from the original closet.


Here's a couple random pictures of what the chaos looked like as we were working on things. Holes in the floor and we bought our tub and shower walls! We ended up going with a tub with pre-made shower walls. As much as I wanted to tile the entire wall with subway tiles and create a standing shower, it was just too much money and work. We considered re-sale as well when we bought the tub. If we ever need to sell the house, I wanted the house to cater to a family with children as well. 


Outside we started to seal up the foundation. Using a water proof felt paper we draped and nailed it down around the entire perimeter of the house. Then covered the paper with cement hardy siding to, hopefully, ensure that water won't ever run under the house again.

Here's a picture of Cody's son, Truett. I asked him to do a jumping picture. The second one makes me laugh so hard. It's too cute.



The front and back porch both needed a little TLC. Casey, Cody, and their father George all worked on replacing the floor boards and fixing the cute gingerbread banisters. The porch itself was also leveled because like the house, it had shifted over the years.
 And then new siding was put up around the base of the house where the foundation was fixed.


The back porch needed to be pulled away from the house so that the foundation could be reached. (Putting it back on was fun...)
We noticed while taking the window out, that the house was insulated, but not very well. It probably needed to have new insulation put in all the walls. But that was a huge job, that we kinda skipped. We're in the winter months right now, and haven't noticed it being too cold yet. So I think we were okay cutting that corner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with a new smile!

So I'm finally finished with my clear aligners journey. One year later and I have a completely different smile and I still can't get over how much my teeth have changed. I'm so thankful for Dr. Morgan and all of his excellent staff that helped me through the entire process. It was SUCH a fun day at the office getting my last tray done and the buttons removed. Its pretty exciting when the whole office is invested in your journey and just as excited as you are to see the finished product. Check out an awesome video of my transformation at the bottom of this post! Here's my pre-aligner smile. I didn't think I had a particularly bad smile before my aligners, now I'm amazed at how bad they were. Here's how they look now!! Here's a really great video of my smile transformation. Thank you Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry for doing such a fantastic job on my smile. 😁    

The Paint'n Place.

During my recent trip to Bowling Green, KY I was fortunate enough to stop in on The Paint'n Place.  (<<check out their website) During my three years at WKU I spent almost all three working at this lovely pottery painting studio. It's one of a kind in BG and the staff here really became family to me when mine were so far away. It's such a cute happy studio with so many amazing pieces to paint. I was honored to see a lot of my samples still up on the shelves, and it brought back many fond memories. They do birthday parties, ladies nights, canvas painting parties, custom painted pieces, and new glass fusion! It's all seriously cool. My favorite thing about The Paint'n Place is the fact that everything you paint is so personal to you and makes something like a mug or a plate so special and unique. Of course I couldn't go in and not paint something, but I can't show you since its a gift for a special bride to be. Mrs. Linda Henry has put so muc

Deep Diamond Tufting.

I'm not sure why I wanted to make a tufted headboard. Maybe I saw one in a film or something but before too long I was combing through every tutorial or YouTube video I could find about it. That was a year ago. So this weekend I put my big girl panties on and summoned the courage to finally build my headboard. My favorite tutorials found  here , and here . Mine certainly won't be as good as theirs so I'll keep it brief. I think my total for all materials came to around $85 but then again my math is horrible so...  Make sure you take advantage of JoAnn's incredible sales. I think I saved $60 dollars when I went. I scored on my fabric too, only $9 a yard.  The most annoying part of this process, as all blogs stated, was the buttons. And I'd have to agree with them. They were so small. The fabric was so thick. The little tool that pushes the button together sucks so... with Mummy's help, my solution was pliers. Just use pliers. It will save your finger